Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Miggs


I woke up early and caught a train to Miggs' house! Funny story how we know each other, we had been talking since I was like 13 on an art forum. We talked for a few years then I got over the art scene, and he probably did too. We crossed paths again a few years later but this time for music, but we had no idea. We just thought we seemed familiar to each other but couldn't get why. He put the pieces together and we totally flipped out how strange it was!
Anyway, this was our first live jam session and I had fun. Unfortunately I caught a cold and so I sound like an elephant with his head stuck in a bowl of custard.

I've also decided that I gotta stop giving a shit to what people think and do what makes me happy, so for once I'm going to say - you can check out the two songs here:
Someone Like You
Price Tag

Surprisingly our voices go pretty well - even though mine's more robust while he's soft! I had fun! I then met up with Bailey in the city and we went to eat lunch at Chinatown.

I got attacked by a hula hooping busker.. just watch my freak out progress! ALL THIS STUFF CAME FROM NO WHERE MAN! ALL HE SAID WAS, "STAND IN FRONT OF ME AND TAKE PHOTO WITH ME" AND NEXT THING I KNEW I LOOKED LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE.







In primary school I was so obsessed with Mashimaro


As soon as we walked into Mother Chu's Taiwanese Cuisine restaurant, the girls were wooing and sucking up to Bailey's arm canvas.. I stood there like I was see through bahahahaha







We checked out the city, Pitt Street, QVB (Queen Victoria Building) and then met up with Jana. We walked forever the whole day and waited for her at Westfield, then she said she was still at work so we walked to her work, then she said she had walked over to Westfield so we met up with her there. But she said she went to John's work so Bailey and I decided to stay put. KILLER!










Then we ate Thai. We had to wait about an hour to get a spot at this place called Chat Thai - apparently its consistently good and the prices are decent! I had a Thai Beef Salad and apart from the massive, massive spice burst that I had to douse down with yakult ice blend and lychee shake and beautiful coconut ice cream.. it was really yummy. The dessert was my favourite though, they put sticky rice, peanuts and some strange jelly with the ice cream.

I'm buuurrrrnninggg



We then all went to Pancake on the Rocks and had .. pancakes. They were pretty delicious! The prices were alright, in Melbourne they are a huge rip off! We roamed around the beautiful area where we could see the Opera House, Bridge, Luna Park and city lights. Jana went off to meet up with John. Bailey and I bummed about then went home.











0 comments: